Pages

Subscribe: Subscribe to me on YouTube

Friday, April 22, 2005

The trouble with politics these days is that it's all about image, and what a candidate looks like is far more important than what he or she actually says.

Except in Shotley Gate...

Yvonne Chartier

"A better way for Peninsula". What a marvellous slogan that is. Obviously it would benefit from the word 'the' inserted in there somewhere towards the end, but hey, at least they haven't put an 'r' on the end of peninsula. You wouldn't believe how much that annoys me. I've been listing it as my number one pet hate on my Shotley Gate page for over two years now, and still some people do it.

But anyway, let's take a look inside this informative leaflet...

It turns out that the lovely Yvonne Chartier lives in nearby Holbrook, has been married for 36 years, is a former secretary of the local Over 60s club, and... brace yourself... was one of the founders of Shotley Drama Group.

Blimey, no wonder they haven't staged 'Internet Cafe'. They've got a Tory councillor in charge. Not that I'm bitter, obviously. It's just that when you've waited over two years for a verdict on your script - a script they asked for - you begin to lose respect for these people.

But forgive and forget, that's what I say. Let's read on...

Shove it up your 'r's.


Nooooooooo!!!!! THREE TIMES???!!!!!

Good god, the woman wants shooting.

But obviously I'm sure she's a lovely person and I wish her all the best with her campaign.

(Can I just ask, are bloggers subject to the same impartiality laws as the rest of the media during an election? If so, I'd just like to say that the Labour and Lib Dem candidates are also ugly as sin and can't spell. Thanks.)

Anyhoo, I successfully wrote the first two scenes of my Last Laugh entry yesterday. It's seven hundred words of sitcom gold. No really. So onwards and upwards...

0 comments: