Pages

Subscribe: Subscribe to me on YouTube

Friday, May 12, 2006

Wildlife CorridorIt's all very well building one, but can wildlife even use a corridor?? How do they open the firedoors? And do they know you're meant to walk on the left to avoid collisions? It's political correctness gone mad.

But anyhoo, I went for a walk yesterday down by the river (I'm back in Shotley Gate by the way, before anyone starts wondering which river flows through Brighton), and the area now seems to be plastered with signs declaring that it's taking part in "the DEFRA Entry Level Stewardship Scheme". Which makes it sound like it's doing an Open University course. I've no idea what it means (and I can't be bothered to find out), but the important thing is that nobody saw me clambering all over the wildlife corridor in an attempt to take that photo.

BedfellowsIn other, more important news, it's my Big Sis's birthday today, so to celebrate, here's a photo of us in bed together. It was taken on our cruise in February, which is why there's a slight look of pain and despair in my eyes, but I'd just got back from the all-you-can-eat buffet, so I was putting a brave face on it. I couldn't possibly reveal Sis's age here, but suffice it to say she's now officially mid thirties. As is Lisa. Unlike myself, who's still very much early thirties, and planning to stay that way for a good while yet. Although judging by the reaction of one of Sis's work colleagues when I told him I'm younger than she is, that grey hair and haggard look is doing me no good at all.

Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG SIS! I've bought you a hammock. Unfortunately it weighs more than the maximum baggage allowance on British Airways, so you can't actually take it home with you. But hey, it's the thought that counts.

0 comments: