Pages

Subscribe: Subscribe to me on YouTube

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Cole on fire.It's Lloyd Cole! And my mobile phone photography has definitely improved since the last time we saw him. That otter barely looks radioactive at all.

Funnily enough, that blog post from two and a half years ago is quite interesting (what are the odds?) because I appear to accurately predict my future career. So on the basis that everything I write here eventually comes true, I'd just like to say that I have the confident air of a lottery winner.

Anyhoo, Lloyd Cole was very good last night. And it wasn't just the two of us who thought so. Lisa's now 16 weeks pregnant, and according to the pregnancy website I've been studying religiously every week, not only is the baby emptying its bladder every 45 minutes (much like Lisa), but "the ears have also moved from the neck to the head". So it's official - the baby heard every note. I bet it was trying to claw its way out with those well formed fingernails.

This was the first time I've ever been to the Komedia, and I have to say it was very nice. If you like hard seats. I think they only have an interval to allow you to restore the circulation to your buttocks and avoid the risk of gangrene. But other than that, I liked it. Though I'm taking a cushion next time.

As for Lloyd, I still don't know any of his songs, but that didn't stop me enjoying the evening. You have to be impressed by anyone who can entertain you for two hours with nothing but an acoustic guitar. I'm sure Lisa would say the same about me. Lloyd also mentioned that someone had e-mailed him to let him know that at a recent Alice Cooper concert, Alice had introduced the song 'Only Women Bleed' with the words "Not even Lloyd Cole has written a song about menstruation".

Lloyd said he was chuffed that Alice Cooper's heard of him. After which he played us a song about periods. You can't trust a word these rock stars say.

0 comments: